How to install a DLL file downloaded from DLL-Downloads.net?
Once the DLL file has been downloaded to your computer, open the folder where the DLL was downloaded.
You must then copy the DLL file to the system directory of your Windows operating system.
This directory changes depending on the version of Microsoft Windows you are using.
- Windows 95/98 / Me: C: \ Windows \ System
- Windows NT / 2000: C: \ WINNT \ System32
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10: C: \ Windows \ System32
If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, you should also place the DLL file in the C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ folder
How can I replace a DLL file in use?
If you get an error when trying to replace or change the name of an already existing DLL file.
Start by making a backup of the old DLL file. For example, adding .old to the end of the DLL name.
And then copy the new DLL file to the directory where the old DLL was located.
If you cannot do this with Windows Explorer, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Start menu and choose “Run …”
- Type “cmd” and press “Enter”
- Type the following lines in the black window that has opened and press the “Enter” key at the end of each line.
(Replace the fields between <> with your own folder names and DLL files)ren c: \ <directory> \ <file> .dll c: \ <directory> \ <file> .old
copy c: \ <temporary directory > \ <file> .dll c: \ <repertoire> \ <file> .dll
- Restart your computer
I can’t see the DLL file I just downloaded?
Make sure you are looking for the DLL in the destination directory for your downloads.
If you are in the right directory and you still do not see the DLL file downloaded from DLL-Downloads.net, you must activate an option to display hidden files.
- Open the “My Computer”
- In the “My Computer” window, click on the “Tools” menu at the top of the screen, then on “Folders option…”
- The “Folder Options” window opens, then select the “View” tab
- Many options are available in the “View” tab. Find the option “Show hidden folders and files” and check it.
- Click on “Apply” and finally validate by clicking on “OK”.
The downloaded DLL file should now be visible in the downloads directory and ready to be installed in the appropriate directory.
Why are my DLL files suddenly disappearing?
Most DLL files are used by multiple programs and applications.
When you uninstall an application, the uninstaller will delete all files that were installed during installation, including DLL files used by the application even if they are used by other applications.
What does DLL stand for?
Dynamic Link Library
I’m looking for a DLL file that I can’t find anywhere, what should I do?
If you have not found your DLL file with the Search function of the site, send a suggestion to the DLL-Downloads.net team using the contact us page.
We will add the missing DLL file to our dll catalog.